Monday, June 15, 2009

Sewing Room Roman Shades

I've come up with a plan for the Sewing Room Roman Shades. I did come up with a pattern from the Quilter's Cache website, called Hope of Hartford. This is an interesting pattern; it looks pretty easy, but in fact is fairly difficult to assemble.

And here is my final pallet of fabric. I was weak yesterday, and bought some more fabric. I was hoping to find a light brown that was close to the shade in this fabric, but the closest I could find was the yellow. (The JoAnn Fabrics in Redwood City has the smallest selection of cotton fabrics I've ever seen at one of these stores. I need to look around for another fabric store.)

I'm going to assemble the squares with sashes, like this:

The hardware arrived today, so as soon as I finish lining the master bedroom shades, we can assemble and hang them. I'm using the instructions from my Singer book, but the best source I found online was at the DIY Network.

1 comment:

  1. Ack! Inset seams!! I made one of these blocks once. Once. Looks like there are several quilt shops in San Carlos and San Mateo--just Google: Quilt Shop Redwood City and you'll get a list. Good luck!