I'm not really planning to turn this into a quilt blog, but this is just what I feel like doing right now. Since the weather is changing, I'm sure we'll get back into house projects pretty soon. I'd really like to finish the interior of the garden shed soon.
No sooner did I make a plan for a new quilt, then I realized I didn't have enough fabric for it and I originally bought that fabric way back in 2011 so it's discontinued. I can't buy more. Then I started playing with different blocks in Electric Quilt and made a few options. This was Jeff's favorite.
here are the rotary cutting instructions for making this block.
I won't be using the last batch of fabric as there still isn't enough. I'd really like to make it out of batiks, but I don't have enough of them either. I almost bought batiks until I filled up the cart and it was over $150. Then it will likely be about $150 to get it quilted. I really cannot spend $300+ on another quilt, so I'm going to see if I can find enough fabrics that are basically the same color so I can use several smaller pieces. I need to paw through my collection and see what I can come up with.
Update later. Here are the final fabrics. I did end up buying more of a couple of colors, because I didn't have 3 yards.
That is stunning.ReplyDelete
Thanks. I did end up buying a little fabric, so I haven't started it yet. I'll post photos when I do.Delete