Back in 2017, I hatched up a plan to remodel our plain front parking strip. I ordered about $100 of plants and did a blog post. Sadly, by the time the plants came the bed hadn't been prepped and wasn't ready for them. Jeff hastily dug out some spots and planted a few of the plants and we watered them the rest of the summer, but we never saw them the following year.
We finally decided to take on this yard space again. I don't have a recent before photo, but it looked something like this. The path was more overgrown with grass, which was quite a chore to clear.
I was thinking of something along these lines. (Thanks to our lovely Laurelhurst neighbor a couple blocks over for the inspiration photo.)
Then Jeff and Aaron set to work digging out the location and adding mulch. Jeff likes his berms and swales.
So I hastily started over with plant research. We needed to find plants that would tolerate mostly shade. Since the dirt was ready, I couldn't take my time with this project. My obsessive personality was up to it because by the next morning, I had my plan.
Jeff blogged about the plant selections at his garden blog if anyone wants a more detailed list.
I'm excited we finally got another small project checked off the list.
Post a Comment