Our front planting strip got crushed in February when our neighbors moved in. Many of the plants died, but I've been surprised by the flowers that managed to survive and bloom. Here it is last week. There were still a few purple tulips that bloomed, the peony surprisingly managed to survive and one of the irises sent up a flower stalk.
|Sorry, the photo is not so great. The light was not good when we finished.|
I'll try to take a better photo the next time I see the bed in good light.
We're trying an Acer circinatum (vine maple) in the center. This time I put two metal stakes on either side of it so even if it's covered in snow they'll be able to see that there is something there. We also bought an Iris tenax (tough leaved iris), Gaultheria shallon (salal), and Mertensia bella (Oregon lungwort). The lungwort probably won't survive since it likely won't get watered enough once it's established. We also moved over another Polystichum munitum (sword fern) from elsewhere in the yard.
We mostly just filled in the deep wheel ruts with steer manure. We didn't spend much time trying to repair the damage. We raked it out a bit and called it good enough for now.
Post a Comment