I finally got my sewing room packed and cleared enough that I have room to sew in there! =)
I got started on the black-out Roman shades for the Master bedroom today. I would be really pleased with them, if only I hadn't already goofed up. They are supposed to be 27" wide and the finished width on this one is 26¾ inches. Dang.
I goofed up by forgetting just how much fabric the serger trims off in a seam. I've been doing mostly quilting lately and you only have to add half-an-inch to allow for quilt seams. With the serger, you need to add more than an inch! Especially if you use 4-thread seams. Oh well, I've already gotten all three cut out. They're just going to be a little narrow.
I've decided I'm going to let it go, because these are only temporary until I get my sewing room set up in Oregon and I can get going on the stained glass shades I have my heart set on.
I'm sort of winging it on the construction of these as I'm not following any particular set of instructions. I'm sort of combining the techniques I used on my recent sets of shades and trying to do these a little different.
Well, I guess I'd better go do some packing now. I'll see if I can get shade #2 started tomorrow.
Plus, I also have to do school work for my PCC class that's due on Thursday. Too many things going on right now to do a good job. Oh well.
I love the fabric you're using for the shades. It is so pretty!ReplyDelete