Not many projects are getting done this week. Portland is having a bit of a heat wave; at least compared to what we are acclimated to. Ugh. It has sucked. It's still in the 70s in the middle of the night and has been in the 90s during the day. It was over 100ºF the other day. Jeff is working this week with his friend building a patio roof, so he's been gone most of the day.
Unfortunately, I'm spending too much time in the basement, and I've been drawn to my stupid video game too much this week. Yuck. I hope this heat wave does NOT last all summer as I have a bunch of projects I am hoping to get done. I did finally get ahold of our floor refinisher and he isn't available until the second half of September. Now I'm really wishing I had called him as soon as we started stripping paint in that room. I might look for another floor refinisher, but I really like Perry from Reborn Floors (503-860-1930). He did a great job in the other rooms. I still haven't been able to talk to our fantastic electrician, Mike from B&H Electric (503-970-5730). Hopefully, he is available before September.
Last night we started dealing with resolving some of our long-neglected computer problems. We desperately need to retrieve files from our old computers, but none of them are in full working order. Jeff managed to get hooked up to his old backup drive and was delighted to find his huge collection of music! We both did a happy dance with that one because I had been remembering the weeks I spent feeding disks into the computer when we originally ripped the disks to the computer. I am SO glad I don't have to do that again.
Unfortunately, I have been unable to retrieve the files off my old computer. Until I do, I've lost all my historic house research and irreplaceable photos of our house purchase and remodel. The computer still turns on, but it hangs during startup. I also have a backup drive somewhere, but it got misplaced during the post-remodel clean up for the photoshoot. I don't need everything off the old computer, but it sure would be nice to retrieve all my stencil pattern files and old house books I'd downloaded.
We also received a new brass bracket for the sewing room closet to replace the white one that used to be in there. We've replaced all the rods in the house with stout brass closet rods and Jeff cut them to length for the sewing room last night. Hopefully, we'll get it all installed later today, once he's done with work.
We dug cans of paint out of the garage too, but I'm not sure when I'll be motivated to haul myself upstairs and start masking the sewing room. My motivation is definitely flagging with the floor finishing being so far in the future. We might try to wait out this heat.
Post a Comment