All this quilting energy I've had going has infected Jeff and he started designing another quilt. This is going to be a similar size to the long skinny one I just made, about 40"x80". I'm sure there's some math involved, but Jeff will have to post about that.
This one might be a bit more complicated to assemble. There might be some Y-seams involved, though I think I can work it out so it will all be strip pieced. We went digging through my stash fabric for this project today. (We obviously have a green-yellow-purple theme going.)
The outer purple portion is going to be that wild print fabric underneath the stacks. I bought that fabric for a square dance outfit I just had to make back in 2005; I guess I didn't need it that much. We're going to give this funky fabric a try for this project because it matches so well.
I tacked up the hex quilt today and it's ready for quilting.
Though, to practice, I've decided to try quilting the little pillow panel I made last year. So, now I've tacked that up too. Since this will all be assembled into a pillow, I just grabbed a misc large scrap from my bin for the backing.
Hopefully I'll find the motivation to start this tomorrow.