Tragically, when we thought we could replace the vent pipe, we removed the original stool/window sill. So, first thing they had to do was to replace it. It was a pain to cut the new piece of wood around all the existing framing.
Unfortunately, I didn't get the crown 100% stripped before they had to put it in. So, I have a project to finish this week.
The new wood, the rounded parting bead/crosshead strip, really jumps out at you because it is so much lighter colored. I hope it stains OK and will blend in better. My current plan is to stain this woodwork before the cabinet goes in on Feb 5th.
The douglas fir for the ceiling finally arrived today and the guys already cut it down and we're gonna let it acclimate for a few days before we start finishing it. I'm hoping to varnish it before it's installed.