DIY Weekend Bag video and decided to try it. I had originally planned to make it out of salvaged denim, but then I didn't feel like tearing apart jeans.
The video called for a whole lot of interfacing, which I didn't have. What I did have in abundant amounts was batting scraps, so I decided to try substituting quilted pieces instead of fabric. It would have been better with a thinner batting, but that is what I had. It has not escaped my notice that it looks a lot like a diaper bag. LOL
This project used up the leftover red strips from making the xmas quilt and a clearance batik I bought last year thinking I would use it in a project, but when it came I was sort of disappointed by it because there were so many "bad spots" on the fabric. This piece of batik must have been made by a beginner. No wonder it was on clearance. But, it was perfect for this project.
I made some changes from the original pattern: I actually added more pockets inside and I made it slightly larger because that was the zipper I had. But, overall, I'm happy with the design. Now that I've figured it out, I may make another for Jeff.