Yesterday I visited my Dad's place and laid out the quilt blocks. We didn't have any space in our current house large enough to lay them all out at once. As I gathered them up to bring back, I had to carefully make and label piles so I could reassemble them back here in Redwood City.
I had a long day today and managed to get all 49 quilt blocks assembled. I don't know why it took so long, probably because I spent so much time ironing and making seams match. It is a relief to get this done this far. I still have to make a complicated, pieced border, but I'm almost there. (I'm going to do one more row around the outside edge to finish the incomplete lightning bolts and pinwheels and then one solid border.)
It's folded in half in the photos; this is going to be a king size quilt when it's finished.
I probably won't be able to work on this much tomorrow. I have errands to do, including an appointment at Cañada College. I'm trying to get my paperwork in order.
Woo-hoo! Looks great! If it weren't 100 degrees in the house, I'd do some quilting. Maybe I'll move it into my bedroom where we have the window unit.ReplyDelete