Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Yesterday, I put up a coat of primer. Since I hadn't masked the walls before staining the wood, there was quite a bit of stain slopped onto them. I was hoping the primer would help cover the dark splotches and it did.
When I bought the paint last fall, I had planned to paint the master bedroom hubbard squash and the guest bedroom ruskin room green, but recently I decided to switch them. The green paint will match our bedroom furnishings better than what we're planning to move into the guest room. The ceiling and frieze are painted in white hyacinth.
Now that we're so close, I'm thinking about whether I should go ahead and apply a stencil in the frieze this summer, before we move our furniture back from storage. Though it's hard to pick one since there are so many wonderful choices!