I thought I was almost finished with the Fire Dance quilt.
I finished all the blocks and sewed them together yesterday. I thought I only had to add the border. But then I measured it and it wasn't wide enough. Oops. I couldn't figure out what I did wrong. I thought when I designed it, I'd double-checked the measurements on the quilt's size and it would be large enough to back the other batik quilt.
It took me a few minutes, but I finally figured it out. This quilt was meant to have blocks that were 12.5-inches square but when I printed out the block instructions I had accidentally made them 10-inches. Obviously, there's no fixing that mistake.
Jeff suggested I finish the central lines into the border, so I decided to do that. I designed some half-blocks to finish the edges and once I make those it should be wide enough to back the batik flower quilt
I had expected to finish the quilt today, but now it will be at least another week or two.
Update on Sunday: Making some progress.
I had planned to take my sewing machine in for service right after finishing this quilt, and I would have made it if I didn't have to make additional blocks. But no. My machine has decided it is done. The tension is all messed up and nothing I can do will fix it, so this project is put on hold temporarily while the machine goes in.
I hope you got a lot of relaxation out of all that precision.ReplyDelete
I listened to an interesting audio book and enjoy the finished product very much.Delete