I finally got my act together this week and continued work on my closet. I varnished the top shelf and did two coats of shellac on all the rest of the woodwork. (I used varnish on the top because I was hoping it would be more durable when we slide tubs and boxes across the surface.)
We still need to finish making shelves for the cabinets. Unfortunately, the guy we hired to help us with this project cut the wood incorrectly and now we have to either buy more sheets of plywood or piece some of the shelves. Right now, Jeff is trying to piece the wood.
I've temporarily shifted some of the stuff from my sewing room into the closet to give myself more room to work. I will likely be moving some of the tubs from the sewing room into the closet permanently, but I still have a lot of boxes I need to unpack first to see how much room I have left.
I ordered brass rods and flanges and we got the rods last week, but the flanges were back-ordered. The shipping date looks like they may come next week. I'm hoping.
I really enjoy catching up wit your renos - I guess The guy helping you is not doing so anymore. - WHAT A "BOTHER"!ReplyDelete
He broke a big hole in the wood floor so we stopped asking him back so now I rather regret hiring him. And we could handle the finish ourselves.Delete
sounds like a seriously bad tradie (as we call them in AU)Delete