We have an uneventful weekend planned; mostly school work, sleep, and trying to finish clearing out the rest of the furniture and boxes in the dining room.
As we pause for the weekend, it's nice to see the week's progress on the remodel. Most of the electrical in the kitchen has been installed. The sleeping porch has been framed out, ready to become a closet.
The front steps are in and nearly dry. The cement contractor is coming tomorrow (Saturday) to put the finish coat on the cement so the steps should be done and usable early next week.
The paint stripping team has made good progress on the box beam ceiling in the living room. Since we realized the trim work around the French doors is not original, we've decided to replace some of the more complicated pieces rather than take the time to scrape the paint.
They're making great progress! I know it seems very slow to you guys, but it seems to be going very quickly! Great idea on the framing of the french doors--it'll save time, effort, and probably be much better at unifying the trim work.ReplyDelete