Now that the dining room is basically finished and put back together, I finally found the motivation to work on the one last project I want to do for this room — stencil the linen table runners I made back in March
Today I cut out the stencil design I lifted from a 1913 Gibson catalog (specifically, the top right one in this image below):
Since I still have the silhouette cameo, I went ahead and "etched" the design into the mylar first
. It's probably faster than hand-tracing the design onto the plastic and then cutting with a craft knife.
Then I carefully went over the lines with a craft knife and finished cutting through the mylar where needed.
It took an hour or two to finish hand-cutting these, but I think I managed to get a pretty decent two-part stencil out of the effort.
Next up, painting practice and putting the stencil on the runners.
Holy cow, that would take a steady hand. I don't think I'd have the patienceReplyDelete
It wasn't too bad. There were some spots where the plastic had separated so I was able to slide the blade in and run it down the line. There were only a few parts that were a huge pain because there was nothing started. I think I only flubbed up one spot on the end of a rounded point but it can be repaired with scotch tape.Delete