The redwood table is all finished and just waiting for us to make it to the hardware store to buy new bolts and deck screws so we can reassemble it.
I'm not sure how much I like the finish. I used a resurfacer made by Olympic, Rescue It! I probably should have read all the words. It's actually an acrylic coating, not a stain. And the finish has a weird gritty texture, as if it has sand mixed into it. But it does look pretty nice and I expect it will be durable and perhaps this new coating will survive our neglect.
I'd been hoping to get to work painting the metal patio table this weekend, but I've been having a bit of a challenge finding primer that will work. When I first found the shiny metal, I thought it was aluminum so I ordered Rust-oleum's Self-Etching Aluminum primer. Then Jeff discovered it is still magnetic, so I switched to Rust-oleum's Clean Metal primer. But when I sat down to read all the directions on the can, I found this:
If it doesn't rain or get too hot, I'm going to try to finish priming and painting the set this coming week.
I made a couple samples of the colors I am thinking about using. The pot on the left is painted with Rust-oleum's Textured Forest Green, and the right pot is their Hammered Copper.
|The Textured Forest Green is a reasonable match to our exterior trim paint.|
Sometimes it takes a few visits to the hardware store to get what you need. I hope you have a productive week!ReplyDelete