Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Finished James' Drapes

I spent most of today finishing my brother James' drapes for his bedroom. I finished up all the machine sewing and then I spent 5 to 6 hours hand tacking the pleats in place. I watched Wives and Daughters on Netflix while I was doing the sewing. Good movie.

Since I've never made these before, I'm not really sure how to finish them for hanging. I'm hoping I just need to iron them.

This project was a good practice for the drapes I need to make for our living room. Now that I've used the pleating tape, I might consider doing it by hand next time. Granted, the pleating tape made it very easy and quick to pleat, but so much harder to sew, due to the extra layers of the pleats. With my experience doing cartridge pleats in Renaissance costuming, I really should be able to handle triple pleats.

No comments:

Post a Comment