Just a quick post because I'm excited! I finally took the time to figure out my cutter software. The last two times I looked at it, I didn't immediately get it, and I didn't have the patience to figure it out.
I found this tile photo at flickr
. It's an Art Nouveau tile from 1908. I love dragons, so the appeal to figure out how to cut this one out is obvious. I'm sure there are easier ways to get to the finished product, because my technique was tedious as hell, but I have a stencil file!!!
I haven't cut it out of mylar yet, but I think I finally have the file ready to try. If this works, it's bound to send me on quite the stencil spree this year. (It's amazing what you can get done when you're procrastinating taxes. LOL)
I've been having a lot of fun making stencil patterns from period catalogs today. I'll have to go find my mylar and see about cutting these this week. :)
Post a Comment