I joined Wendy from Sugarlane Designs and others for the Friday Night Sew In
again this month.
I decided to work on my long-neglected living room reupholstery project. I spent Thursday cutting out all the necessary pieces and shortening metal zippers so I could jump right into the project.
I spent Friday night sewing together the first cushion and then ripping it out because the corners were bulging weird. Then I finally figured out the best way to sew it together and sewed it together again.
By then it was getting late. I decided to build the other five side cushions with an assembly line process and I started by assembling the zipper panels.
My Friday Night Sew In continued into a Saturday Sew In. On Saturday, I finished assembling the remaining five side cushions.
I still have the three back cushions to finish as well as recovering all the seats, but I hope I'll finish them before next month's sew in.
That is a big project to take on - but well done - it is looking great...looking forward to the whole lot done!ReplyDelete
Goodness, you are brave. This is not a project I would tackle. Good luck, looking good so far. xxReplyDelete
I concur with your readers! Wow, so ambitious. You seem determined to knock things off of your list. Carry on!ReplyDelete
Thank you! I should have enough skill for this project.Delete
Wow! You sure took on a big project!ReplyDelete
The "secret" to covering cushions is to get the fabric REALLY tight.ReplyDelete