And then started. The fabric cutting is definitely the most difficult I've done. I've not worked with this number of odd shapes before.
I finished the center block this evening. The corners don't match quite as well as I would like, but it was not easy when sewing this together to figure out exactly what points needed to line up where. (Now that I've made it once, I might try making it again and see if I can get those corner points to line up better.)
Plus I made three purple triangles. I don't know why, but I seem incapable of cutting the dark purple half triangles the right size. I don't know if I'm misunderstanding the directions, but they keep coming out too large or too small. Too large I can fix. That's clearly enough for tonight.