Jeff finally had time to work on our shed step project. These were built with pressure-treated plywood and 2x4s leftover from building our shed.
He built it much better than what I designed. The steps I designed probably would have fallen apart much more quickly because he would have been screwing it into the edge of plywood. He added blocking and screwed all the pieces into it.
I am going to stain it with the green stain I used on the stools before we install it in front of the shed but I'd prefer to paint outside and the forecast is for rain until Thursday. I'll be hoping for some sun later this week so I can finish this project.
Next up we still need to finish assembling the green stools.
And I'd like to work on a quick dust collection cart. I did a really basic SketchUp design because life is too short to spend a lot of time making detailed models. Our DeWalt shop vacuum
will be up on top (represented by the yellow box) and underneath we're going to put a Sterilite 3-drawer plastic cabinet
that's been kicking around in the garage for years. I think it will be a handy place to store the extra vacuum accessories and rags.
We might add an edge to the lower base but honestly, we're planning to just screw the bottom bucket to the base so we don't really have to worry about it falling off. We'll also be adding wheels which I didn't bother to add to the model either.
Wow, y'all have really found your groove! Everything looks great.ReplyDelete