I got it in my head yesterday afternoon that I wanted to paint my sewing room this weekend. This is my last chance to paint before the fabric and furniture arrives; the PODS start again on Monday. So, this morning I popped out of bed and got to work before it got too hot upstairs.
I'm using leftover paint from Redwood City. This is the paint we bought for the master bedroom and I selected it from the Sherwin Williams historic paint collection. This particular color was from their 1930s collection, so it's a little late for our 1912 house, but I really like the color. Perhaps after we remodel, I'll select a color from the 1910s and repaint the room.
The paint covered the walls pretty well and I haven't even used half a gallon; no wonder there was so much left in Redwood City. I've finished rolling the first coat, but I think I'll go ahead and put on another coat this evening, once it's fully dry.
It's hard to resist the impulse to pull out the paint scrapers and start trying to clean the paint off the woodwork, but I'm managing. We need a plan first!
We pulled the doors and I may take those in to be dipped. I'm still trying to decide whether it would be ill-advised to refinish the doors before we tear up the rest of the house. I don't want them getting dirty and banged up by construction.
Post a Comment