I haven't had much time to play in SketchUp this week as we've been really busy dealing with canning and other neglected projects. But I did take the time to add all the fiddly bullnose tile pieces on my master bathroom sketchup files.
won that tile auction, there will definitely be tweaks. But at least we won't have a shortage of subway tile as one of the problems. We might even change the tile around the shower so we tile all the way to the ceiling.
We're getting really close to being able to start this remodel. We should have the basement bathroom mostly finished by the end of next week. Then I just need to find a tile installer and a glass shower enclosure installer. I've lined up the woodworker who made the basement cabinet to make the master bath cabinet, but I may get a couple more quotes.
I'm relieved that this week the Mac Store was able to retrieve all my old files off my dead old MacBook. In particular, I got all the photos of our house pre-purchase and during the remodel. And, yes, I did have a backup, but somehow that drive went astray during the post-remodel clean up. I would have found it eventually, but I didn't feel like waiting or spending that long looking for it. I'm now working on making new backups in several places for future.
The last couple of days I've been trying to get my stencil cutting plan up and running. I had the challenge of getting a new operational copy of the cutter software (since it was on the old computer) and now I'm trying to learn it. But it just won't import my image files, even though they are one of the alleged acceptable file types. So, instead I'm now trying to run them through CorelDraw first to convert the file type to something that does work. It's a little frustrating, as I'd really like to stencil the basement bathroom with an historic stencil design that I've cut, and not one I've purchased. I'm spending a lot of time trying to relearn CorelDraw as it's been years since I touched it. Sigh. I suppose it's good that there's so much I want to learn.