I was wishing for a sunny day and I got one. Yippee! We made an (unphotogenic) dumps run this afternoon. It's amazing how much garbage got left behind in the basement and yard by the contractors (lots of plastic). We've been cleaning that kind of stuff up and we brought in some household waste from our basement clean up.
I also went out this afternoon and sanded up the fir from yesterday's planing adventure. My goal at this point was to remove whatever dirt and paint was remaining on the boards. I was pretty successful, though there are a few that have paint embedded in spots. I sanded those as best I could and decided to leave the rest. We learned earlier our stain combo does an excellent job of covering paint spots.
a total bargain and I can live with the knots, especially in the closet.
Our plan calls for 16-inch deep boards, so now we need to edge join these and cut them down to size. I bought tongue and groove router bits, so we're going to try our hand at using those in the next few days.