Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bad Masonry Fix Patched

The mason has finally gotten around to patching the ugly bad repair in the porch brickwork. This is how it looked when we bought the house.

The mason stripped out all the bad brick and then he grabbed some matching bricks from the backside of one of the planters along the front of the porch. We really couldn't find anything remotely matching among new bricks currently available. I'm assuming the mortar will also match once it dries.

We've decided to just use the old bricks from the bad patch to rebuild the planter. All this work, and we didn't actually end up using any new bricks. We reused everything.

1 comment:

  1. It looks MUCH better. I'm sure once it cures it will blend in much better. No guarantee that it will match, especially since the mortar from 90 years ago may have had slightly different ingredients. It shouldn't be as noticable, tho. :) The house is looking great!